Monday, May 5, 2014

How I stay sane throughout the wedding planning process

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a planner. OCD? Maybe. A perfectionist? Definitely. There are so many details about weddings that it is easy to get overwhelmed. After a few months of panicking about how everything was going to work out, I created a tool to keep myself sane. I call it my "ULTIMATE WEDDING PLANNER". Trust me, when you see it you will understand why the title is in all caps. It is a lot to digest, but I promise if you use this tool it will keep you on track. I set up different pages for different kinds of wedding information so I can keep it all in one file. The guest list, upcoming tasks, the day of timeline, an expenses list, budget and more. It has really helped me to prioritize, organize and figure out when things need to be done. I collected information from various websites to determine when to send save the dates, invites, order dresses, etc. I am uploading a template for anyone to use. It's an excel document so you should be able to download from google docs and edit in Excel. I left some information in there as examples to show you how I used it, but feel free to edit it so it works best for you. Let me know if it has helped you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment