Tuesday, July 1, 2014

House Before & After Series: Dining room

I have always wanted a formal dining room. My grandpa has a huge wood dining table and that was always the gathering place of my dad's family growing up. I have a lot of wonderful memories of delicious meals, holidays, birthday cakes and fun stories sitting around my grandparent's table. I was so delighted that this house had this one important thing on our home wish list. Here's a view of the room:








I knew immediately what I wanted to do with the dining room. Once I laid eyes on that beautiful queen ann table that our neighbor threw away, everything fell into place. I had made up my mind to paint it teal. A deep, rich teal.  Like I have said, you have to take some risks somewhere in your home. This was my bold move. When I opened the can of paint, I thought to myself "what am I doing?" and "there's no way D is going to like this". During the painting process, I even thought the color was so rich it was causing me intense headaches. D came in to help out and said the same thing. "I think the color is so intense it's making me sick." Oh great. Now we are just wasting time and paint. We figured we would give it a couple weeks and repaint if we still didn't like it. Maybe it just took some time to get used to.  I was so excited to finally hang my Tracey Reese plates that she designed for the Neiman Marcus collection for Target and when I picked the paint color, I thought it would coordinate perfectly. I am happy to say, after a few weeks and many delicious meals at the table, we are so happy we picked the color and we love it! No more headaches- turns out it wasn't the color's fault. This was likely due to all the paint fumes we were inhaling. We've added a few fun decor touches, and the table and chair set fits so nicely! Check it out:





Beautiful flowers my lovely friend Taylor brought us



I got this awesome table runner from Target's coastal collect. It coordinates well with the wall color & the pop of coral trim is so fun.




Ahh I just love this table!



And Benson loves the window view.



 

Such fun details in the chandelier and built in cabinets.



 And my Tracey Reese plates coordinate so well!


I love it! And no more headaches! So worth the color risk taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment